Removing negative energy from your home
With the Covid-19 outbreak across the world, we are all spending a lot of time in our homes. At home is where you are supposed to feel the safest and the most secure especially during this time and it comes as no surprise that we are all unloading a great deal of our emotional baggage within its walls. But, did you know you can help remove negative energy from your home and create a calming and positive space for you and your family?
Below are some of our top tips to carry out some energy cleansing in your home:
- The ritual of sage burning or ‘smudging’ as it is also known, is believed to cleanse a space or environment of negative energy. A sage stick is lit and moved around the room in a certain way to remove negative energy from the space. You may be able to purchase a sage stick from a local health food shop or online.
- Using room sprays, oil diffusers or burning incense can increase your homes’ and personal positivity too. Try choosing a scent that you really like or research a blend that promotes positivity and sit back and enjoy your new positive environment!
- Fresh air can always help revitalize a space. Simply open the blinds and windows and use your hands or even a broom and move the energy right out of there! Then visualize all of that negativity leaving your house and light flooding in. This is especially important during the colder months when we tend to keep our doors and windows closed.
- ‘Black Tourmaline’ is a crystal that is believed to absorb negative energy. It is recommended to place some around your home, especially near electrical appliances as these tend to create chaotic energy.
- It is no secret that most of us love an indoor plant! Not only do they look amazing, they are a simple way to keep the energy and air in your home clear. Lavender, green leafy foliage and eucalyptus are recommended for cleansing the environment.
- The position of your furniture can also have a huge impact on the energy in a room. Feng shui is the ancient art of balancing and bringing harmony to a space by placing items and furniture in specific places. Just by moving things slightly can make you feel and see the space differently. It’s worth a try and helps create positive energy in your home. We suggest some research into Feng Shui and implement some changes to your home.
Whatever life may bring you (even a pandemic), your home should be your sanctuary. Try some of these tips and see how you go. Hopefully you will be feeling more ‘zen’ during this crazy time!
By Emma Jackson - 09-Apr-2020
Join home owners across Victoria and receive real estate related articles straight to your inbox.